Light EA Enterprise Architecture is a emerging paradigm rather than a enterprise wide solution architecture. Light EA suggest that Enterprise Architecture is a discipline to integrate the atomistic and holistic paradigm for the purpose of :
- Enable enterprise agility in adoption to constant change in organic enterprise via enterprise primitives.
- Know the parts and see the whole,
- Close the gaps between business strategy and execution.
- Integrate the power of left/right brain.
“Enterprise” means the whole in the holistic philosophy. “Architecture” by definition is the orderly arrangement of the parts. It is an atomistic in the atomistic paradigm. This web site discuss EA from the aspect of the evolution of EA and suggest that EA after all is an atomistic + holistic architecture approach method to support complex system . It is an approach for the practitioners to see the whole and know the parts. EA is not a frozen enterprise wide architecture blueprint. The web site elaborate that the Holistic + Scientific architecture approach enable IT community to support Adoptive IT architecture; Business community integrate the left/right brain; cultivate enterprise collaborative culture to win the edge of competition. Please use the top menu to drill down to learn more abut the atomistic + holistic approach. This web does not only explain “What” is the Atomistic + Holistic method but also offer the “How” . Please drill down from the menu to learn more.
Distinguish EA, BPM and SA to keep EA light
Enterprise Architecture (EA), Business Process Modeling (BPM) and Solution Architecture (SA) are closely related but they are three distinctive disciplines. Enterprise Architecture is a holistic architecture approach, Business Process Model is a process engineering practice and Solution Architecture is the automation engineering. Therefore, EA is a emerging paradigm, solution architects does not automatically become Enterprise Architect by building enterprise wide solution architecture and BPM is business process engineering effort to support business capabilities, it has been a established paradigm in operation research. Enterprise Architects should provide unique value rather than acting redundantly as the second class Business Process Engineer and solution architects.
This is a overwhelming website. the author have prepared introductory PowerPoint presentation in SlideShare for a quick overview.
LEA suggest that EA is a emerging paradigm and document su the document detail analysis and approach based on collected experiences in the follow capabilities. EA is a emerging paradigm, a solution architecture does not automatically become an enterprise architect by designing enterprise wide system.
- EA Framework and model : Preparing the holistic framework to stake out the whole, the conceptual framework to represent the enterprise with a simple diagram and adapt the best practice as the guide.
- Enterprise Map : Preparing the enterprise map which enable every one to visualize the invisible enterprise and find a place for them self in the enterprise map. It is a collaborative effort to see the true enterprise big picture.
- Collaborative Culture: Under holistic inspiration, fields theory has been introduced in modern physics. Under atomistic and holistic domain, Collaborative culture is considered as the enterprise fields which consist of communication, knowledge management, Governance and security. Enterprise architects are the “Glue” to facilitate collaborative culture not the “Guru” to design a frozen blueprint in command and control approach.
- Enterprise Business : Use the atomistic + Holistic architecture to architect the enterprise business from the aspect of business capability, business resources, Business Governance, supply chain and service management.
- Adaptive IT Architecture: Taking advantage of the rapid technologies evolution to support enterprise collaborative culture and enterprise business by using the 3×3 complex adaptive IT architecture. An adaptive IT enterprise architecture is a three tier EA method for the purpose of adopting to change. The first tier is to establish the static master plan and notional architecture; The second tier is to practice the segment architecture approach to close the enterprise performance gaps due to constant change; The third tier is the daily EA which suggest that Enterprise Architects are the “Glue” not the “Guru”. They enable the enterprise agility for both the business and IT community in adopting to change .
Please use the top menu bar for more detail on each area.
The LEA concept The LEA Poster The LEA poster summarized all the holistic architecture analysis for all the LEA capabilities as shown in the following figure. Please view the LEA poster in the PDF form. Reading guide Idealistically, EA is most valuable to facilitate the collaborative culture rather just of the Enterprise IT and Business. However, in reality, it is more practical for an organization to engage EA from the aspect of Information Technology and extend EA to business.
- What is EA? discuss the EA definition, EA backgroud and EA discipline.
- Paradigm shift from mechanical architecture paradigm to Holistic + Atomistic architecture paradigm. EA is not an enterprise wide solution architecture.
- Establish EA culture in an organization It is futile to architect the enterprise without buy-in from the stakeholders. The first thing of EA is to establish the collaborative EA culture. please read the EA Culture to establish Enterprise Collaborative Culture based on Enterprise Field theory rather in a mechanical approach.
- For IT community please read the EA on IT , which is an adaptive IT architecture,
- For Business community please read EA on Business which integrate the power of left/right brain to win the edge of competition.
Navigation This is a complex WordPress web site and the readers can easily get lost in the jungle of these sites. Each site consist of a Menu bar on the top to access each chapter in the sections. In case get very lost, please use Site Map on the menu bar to get oriented. An Evolving Web site This website is composed of multiple WordPress sites for the purpose of readability and feedback. Leveraging on the web technologies, this site evolves continuously based on the author’s new understanding and the comments from the readers. It is a innovative place for EA to evolve and a place for readers to revisit and feed back.