Enterprise Map approachThe Enterprise Map Framework
The Enterprise Map Framework lay out overall activitis to compose the Enterprise map. The vertical side list the Enterprise Map layers whcih does not only include the business architecture but also shows how business take advantage of automation systems.
The following Enterprise Maps framework describe the approach.
1. Enterprise Map Approach
LEA has developed the Enterprise Map approach to provide insight to holistic business architecture via collaboration and reconciliation. The jigsaw puzzle-like ideas in the Enterprise Map approach enable enterprise-wide participation. The Enterprise Map was developed by the author and has been used innumerous EA projects since 2003, effectively opening the door of EA to the business community.
Figure 9. Enterprise Map
The Enterprise map, an interactive graphical business architecture approach, is inspired by the folk story of Stone Soup :
• the architect’s presents his/her perception of the enterprise to raise stakeholder curiosity;
• collaboration occurs, and contributions from the stakeholders are incorporated into the enterprise map;
• The architect reconciles the enterprise map, enabling stakeholders to see the true holistic business architecture;
• and stakeholders take ownership of the enterprise map, resulting in total participation and buy-in.
EA map templates
1. Mapping the business environment
In addition to the Enterprise itself, it is also important to show how the Enterprise interact with external organization. EA map reserve the bottom part to lay out the supporting organizations.
2. Mapping the Automation Environment
3. Mapping interoperability
4. A iterative approach