The main goals of EA are:
- Align Technology With Business
- Enable Enterprise Agility
- Adapting to Change
ACHIEVE THESE GOALS IN THREE ARCHITECTURE DISCIPLINE
Alignment, Agility and Adaptive are three architecture disciplines instead of one.
- .The Alignment architecture principle in vertical direction to discomposes and align.
- The Cross-cut architecture principle in horizontal direction to enable enterprise agility via reuse and consolidate.
- The Iterative architecture principle in circular direction in adopting to change and close the gaps between strategy and execution.
as shown in the following figure.
Three Architecture disciple to clarify the EA confusion
EA is confusion because the EA community design the enterprise architecture solely based on the vertical architecture direction . For example: The confusion of reference model. Enterprise Architecture hav4
The Alignment Architecture discipline
The Align architecture align business processes, application, data and technologies to business, it consist of the following discipline
- Business Analysis via decomposition and structure analysis.
- Technology forecasting, research .
- Design best practice.
- Trade analysis and analysis
- Align process to business
- Align application to automate business process.
- Align data to process and application.
- Align business to application and data
As shown in the flowing figure.
The Agility Architecture discipline
- Learning the right experience via reference models.
- Engineering of reuse via pattern analysis.
- Engineering of consolidation via enterprise workload analysis.
- Reference Architecture
The adaptive Architecture discipline
- Performance gap analysis
- strategic planning
- Capital investment and control
- Project management
- Change management
- Configuration management
- Release management
as shown the following figure. Notice that Yin-Yang represent constant change and governance and compliance are considered enterprise fields.